Back to the Museum

    Microscope donated by Keith Brocklehurst

    John Brocklehurst (WS 1963-68) visited School in February 2013 to see the biology laboratory named after his father Keith Brocklehurst. Keith taught at Warwick from 1948 to 83, first as Head of Biology and subsequently as Head of Science.  Keith’s legacy had helped purchase a microscope and John met some of the boys who were using it. 

    The research standard, high-power compound, trinocular microscope allows a range of techniques to be carried out, including phase contrast and dark field microscopy.  It is equipped with an SLR camera so the boys can record their samples digitally.

    1. OB9 Graham Joyce, John Brocklehurst, Harnek Singh